Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Visit to Erin's Meadow Herb Farm



Foxglove growing at Erin's Meadow

Erin's Meadow Herb Farm Visit

Dana Koogler

Tuesday April 17, 2012

Pictures are here:

Erin's Meadow Herb Farm Photos


     

  One of my favorite places to visit for gardening and home decoration ideas is Erin's Meadow Herb Farm.  I started going there four or five years ago and really liked it.  I've been a number of times, but this visit was the earliest I've ever made the trip.  It is located in Clinton, TN.  I usually don't get out there til May or June.  I end up wishing I'd come there before I planted anything so this year I changed up.   It was a good visit. Only one other couple was there shopping so it was real quiet.  Visiting early in the season is good, but it has the draw back of some of the herbs and displays not being as impressive yet.

    I would like to go back if the chance presents to take Crystal to see this pretty place.
I had an overcast, cool day to visit and that was nice, but I like visits on sunshiny days.
I purchased a number of herbs to expand my kitchen herb garden. I also purchased some ornamentals and perennials.   I will post some photos of the things I bought once I get them planted. I'll do a follow up blog on the those. 

      Not much more to say so I'll post photos of the highlights. I left with not as many items as I'd expected this time, but I left inspired as ever. I made a stop by Joann Fabric Center afterwards and purchased outdoor fabric 50% off to make some changes to my back porch and back deck. I want to rework the color scheme.  I will be sure to post photos of that and do a blog on the porch freshen ups as well as the plantings!






Red Barn display near the entrance. Erin's Meadow uses vintage items and a shabby chic style to work in with their displays.


My favorite portion of the Fairy Garden. I love the green gold foliage and rusty colored fern leaves contrast.

One of the green house bays.

Bright colored ornamentals as well as herbs for sale.

Inside the gift shop

7 comments:

  1. Wow a cool place to visit! That gift shop was so pretty and so much charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I am doing a little gardening today with the things I purchased. I am one of those airy fairies who likes that sort of thing.

      Delete
  2. HI Dana, Erin's Meadow Herb Farm looks like a great place... I may need to check it out sometime.

    Hope you are having a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd like it, Betsy. You should go see it and make a day of it! I wish we had more such places around.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a neat spot to visit. I hope what you bought will grow well for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certain is a nice place. Thanks. I hope the plants and flowers thrive also. I hope the cold snap doesn't hurt the things I've put out! I brought some of it indoors.

      Delete
  4. Herb farming Cultivating is a great method for carrying spices and different plants to your home. Spices are quite possibly the most well-known crop in a wide range of nations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝