Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dollywood with the Family


Grandson Michael running around in the back yard playing with water

Dollywood with the Family

Monday April 30, 2012

Pigeon Forge, TN
Dana Koogler and Family 
Pictures are here: 
Dollywood Pix

     We purchased season passes to Dollywood this year thanks to Kenny's co-worker Danny.
Got 'em for $40!  Can you believe that?  I upgraded mine to a gold pass for $40 Monday and that will pay for itself in about one more visit. No more paying to park. 10% off all food and drinks and gift store purchases.  I am very excited about it since I had not been to Dollywood for a couple years.
Adam, Crysal, Michael and Teresa and myself went on Monday.  It was Teresa's birthday so that made it really special.   We had so much fun!  We ate good food. Shopped.  Played games. Checked out shows. Rode rides. Enjoyed a gorgeous sunny, beautiful day in East Tennessee.

    It was nice too not to feel compelled to try to do it all in one day since we have season passes and can come back whenever we want!  Takes the pressure off.   It was the last day of Festival of Nations so we really lucked out.  Not alot to tell except it was great fun and much needed time with the family.   I learned that when Mike Lindsey was a kid his family owned some of the land that Dollywood is built on now! I did not know that Mike was running around over there farming and playing as a kid.  Aunt Cookie lived over there!  Very cool stuff. I was glad to learn a little bit of the history besides just the Dolly Parton stuff. 

Can't wait to go back with Kenny for a grownups day of play!


Michael tosses balls at the Angry Birds game.


Nearing the top of the Ferris Wheel


Michael's first ferris wheel ride and he liked it!


Crystal and Michael on the bees


Atahualpa plays some lovely South American flute music. I liked it so much that I purchased the CD.


Michael and Crystal playing goat skin drums at Dollywood.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like alot of fun... Can't believe you only paid that amount for a season's ticket... That's AWESOME. You will really enjoy it ---over and over...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a tremendous stroke of good fortune. I think we'll more than get our money's worth. It will help us determine if we want to purchase season passes in the future. I like it as much in cold weather as I do in warm, but I'm a middle aged, hot natured woman with plenty of padding. ;^D Thought of you yesterday, Betsy. I was at The Lily Barn walking the dog and saw some beautiful irises. Hugs you right back! Dana Bee

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time with family. I've never been to Dollywood. I bet it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy, it was a really sweet time. You'd like it and I hope you get to go! It is far more family friendly than any theme park I've ever visited and continues to be. Dolly Parton's character and the character of the employees comes through in a big way. I've never seen anything to beat it. It's a blessing to live so close!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.