Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Kentucky Lady Slippers and New Friends

Kentucky Lady Slippers and New Friends

Wednesday May 16, 2018

Dana Koogler
Greg & Donna Evans


  I had the good fortune to meet new friends Greg and Donna Evans and get up for a hike.
Kenny was supposed to go also, but Gabriel came down sick. He encouraged me to go ahead.
You don't want to break plans with new friends.  He and Nana Debbie took Gabe to the ER 
at Childrens Hospital while I went ahead.  The drive took longer than the hike, but the company was great.  It was fun getting to know them. I look forward to the next adventure with them.   They took me to see a population of Kentucky Lady Slippers. I had searched unsuccessfully for them for a few seasons.  It was quite a treat.  


They are an endangered species so I'm not even giving out the general location of the hike.
Just to say thanks to them both for including me!  I hope to return the favor for them
many times over.   I got to see something special. I got to make not one but TWO new buddies.
People of great character and with a wonderful spirit of fun. 

Thanks to you both! 

  Gabe turned out to have something called adenovirus which had him sick for five days.
He recovered fully and quickly.  I went by the hospital and relieved Kenny of duty to go
get lunch while I stayed at the ER with Gabriel. The doctor discharged him soon after I arrived.  Thankful he is all better now.  

Below are the best few photos of the orchids. We found them in abundance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝