Monday, June 26, 2017

Cumberland County Exploring


Looking straight on at a Canada lily 

Cumberland County Exploring 

Dana & Kenny Koogler

Sat. June 24, 2017



  We went out Saturday and had the most weird, messed up day.   I started trying to write this blog
entry about the experience.  I just don't have it in me.    I was going to warn others of the area etc.
I am not going to bother.  I'm going to learn from it myself and let the chips fall where they may.
I found out the area we visited has never been the greatest but the crime there is escalating.
I don't want to dwell on it so I'm just going to post some photos and let it go at that.
I found Canada lilies and some other pretty Summer wildflowers.   I am glad about that.
I learned that access to some areas we liked to go has been lost.  I learned that  the area we visited is not a place we need ever return to.  The crime there is bad and getting worse.
Take away? Scratch this off the list for good.

***Edited to Add** We have revisited this area twice since this trip report was originally written.  Both visits in 2018.   It was MUCH better and the area is no longer off the menu for visits in my book. I still won't go there alone.   Subsequent visits we encountered not many people, but the groups we did run into were families out having a great time.  Little kids and parents or grandparents. The law has done a fantastic job of getting rid of squatters. I'd say the landowners have played a significant part in getting rid of the criminal element also. 
 Above and Below.. Canada lilies

 Wild Bergamot
 Thimbleweed
 Wild hydrangea
 Early St. Johns wort
 Pretty stream above and below

 Leather vase vine
 American Columbo.. just beginning to bloom
 Sunshine on the trail in a hemlock woods
 The only view we had today.
Lone canada lily in the forest
         

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a scary adventure but these are beautiful pictures. I'm glad you got outta there with your life. I guess I know what you meant by silverback and funky now! Stupid criminals ruin it for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝