Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Gabe at Harvest Park

Gabe at Harvest Park 

Kenny, Dana & Gabriel Koogler
Thursday May 24, 2018



   We were to leave on Sunday for vacation.   We wanted to get out and do something fun, but 
close to home since we'd be facing lots of travel soon enough.   Lynn Harrison suggested we take
Gabriel and try Harvest Park in Knoxville.   I pulled it up on Google to check out the location, and
the photos of it were very nice!  It is one of those neat parks that has a splash pad for hot days.
She said it was a good place and thought we'd enjoy it.  It didn't take any convincing.  We 
drove out there and got an early start.    Gabe loved it.  The place is neat and clean with restrooms
and plenty of shade and benches.   He played with the other kids and with us on the playground equipment at first.  We convinced him to give the splash pad a try once the day grew hotter. 
He wasn't too sure at first, but I got in there with him to make him feel safe.  It is a really nice
family environment.  Not too many people. Just enough kids to be fun.   Everyone was very polite.
We enjoyed the splash pad and the whole place!  Once Gabe started getting tired we headed to Cracker Barrel for lunch.  We checked out some nearby Thrift stores.  KARM has a good one
in that part of Knoxville.    Lynn also suggested I try the Knoxville Community Chest.  I go to the
one in Eagleton every so often.  I figured the Knoxville store would be bigger and better.  It is not.
The Knoxville branch of Community Chest is bigger, but not better.   Eagleton is small but mighty!
Gabe took a good nap on the way home in the jeep.   We wore him out .  It was a fun day of simple pleasures.  





Below is a short video of Gabey playing

   I am going to try to do a tagged series of blog entries on area parks and how they measure up.
This one is really super!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝