Thursday, April 1, 2021

Maryville College Woods Spring Wildflowers 3/31/2021

 


Close up view of blue violets


Maryville College Woods Spring Wildflowers

3/31/2021

Dana Koogler solo

  I developed an aching in my right jaw while on my recent camping and hiking trip to North Carolina with my friends.  It wasn't bad, but I remarked to Wally that I was going to call the dentist for an appointment on Monday. I did not want to let it go on to become something really bad.   I had a rough day Sunday.   I called the dentist on Monday and was able to get an appointment for Tuesday morning.    I was not in agony, but I was taking motrin or tylenol or Aleve throughout the day to dull the pain.  

   I spent a good bit of the day in bed on Monday and Tuesday.  I went to the dentist 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday to see Dr. Moss.   They did x-rays of my jaw and found the problem.  My right top molar all the way to the back has already had a root canal and a crown.   Yet it was hurting.  I was experiencing a nebulous kind of pain in my right jaw.  Now and then I got little jolts of pain stinging in my ear.  The reason was that the root of the tooth was cracked vertically and it ran the length of the root.   It was hurting like a son of a gun.

     He told me the bad news that the tooth would have to come out.  Somehow I had already guessed that was the case. It was hurting bad enough I was more than happy to let it go.   I asked to be set up for oral surgery with Dr. Napier so I go next Monday to have the tooth cut out.   I have never had a tooth pulled so I don't want to start now.  I want to be unconscious for this procedure.      I was relieved at at least have answers and everything is all set.

    I went home and rested after the appointment.  I put on my Jose Silva Alpha sound video and listened to it.   It has positive affirmations and suggestions.   I listened to Gregorian chants for healing.   At last I woke from a nap and the pain was mercifully gone!   I threw on my sneakers and grabbed my camera and set out for Maryville College Woods to take an easy walk for exercise.    I figured if anything changed and the pain returned I'd at least be close to home.   

   It was a beautiful, warm day.  Blue skies, sunshine and a nice breeze. The redbud trees are looking very pretty.   They don't stick around long enough.
I love Springtime!   It felt so great to be outdoors and be pain free!  I was praising the Lord that I was comfortable and relaxed.

   I wandered around and checked out the beautiful Spring wildflowers in the woods.   They have some real pretty Sweet Betsy trilliums, white fawn lilies, and other nice flowering plants.    It was an enjoyable afternoon. A much better ending to a day that started off rough.  I just want to get that over because next week is supposed to be busy for me.  Getting Gabe registered for Preschool on Friday and leaving on Saturday to go out of town on an extended camping trip.  

   I have fought hard to make sure that this year's get away for wildflowers doesn't get messed up.   


Below: a perfect cluster of blue violets growing in a log

Above: bronze form of Sweet Betsy trillium
Above: large perfect cluster of sweet betsy in its maroon form
Above: dogwood in bloom
Cluster of Spring Beauties-- very delicate
Above and two below-- varying forms of Sweet Betsy.. different stages of being open

Below: Fawn lily.  A white form of trout lily

Above: confederate violets
Above: clump of yellow trilliums
Above: a single yellow trillium that has maroon tips and edges!
Huge tree stump
Above: muddy creek after all the rain we've had.  The trails were very mucky in places. 
Above: close up of red bud bloom

Above: gorgeous day in Maryville College Woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝