Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Twenty Five Facts About Me...Round Two

 Twenty Five Facts About Me...Round Two


Dana Koogler 
Jan. 14, 2023



Above: Me and my kids Crystal and Jared at Dark Hollow Falls on a hike in Virginia's Shenandoah National Park. 

   


     I couldn't initially come up with 50 Facts About Me, but after some thought I came up with a 2nd group of 25.  I started keeping notes as I did things. Like catching myself having to take my shirt off and turn it right side out.   I also kept notes as I review some very old photos. Looking for life long patterns. 


 1. I have a life long problem of wearing clothes inside out, backwards, and mismatched.  I have left the house wearing my pants backwards and wearing two different shoes. My grandson Gabriel is just like me in this regard. 

2. I dropped out of Girl Scouts because it sucked! We never learned anything important and the original leader wore too much makeup!  I knew Boy Scouts were learning about paddling canoes, camping, tying knots and building fires. All sorts of useful info. Not building sit upons and dioramas. 

3.  I always loved Soul Train and R & B music.  

Parliament, George Clinton and Rappers Delight 

4. Had I married the man I *thought* was right for me we would both now be miserable.  He wanted a Tupperware Wife not a rounder. (rounder: a person showing a lack of good character and morals)


5. The first concert I ever attended was George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers performing in Roanoke, Va.  My favorite song he performs is "Who Do You Love" by Bo Diddley




6. I went camping most weekends from the time I was in about third grade up until I was about fourteen.  We had a camp at Lake Wallace.   

7. I  was a bookworm most of my childhood.  

8.   I didn't have a type of boyfriend.  I liked all different kinds. Fat, skinny, average.  Red haired, blonde, dark haired.   If they treated me well and *I* thought they were cute that was good enough for me.

9.  I once brought home a run away from the place where I worked.   

 

10. I watched Stephen King's "Salem's Lot" movie on TV and it scared me so bad I was up all night.

11. My first real job was a waitress in a truck stop.  I made a lot of money, but I hated it.  

12.  I still have my first teddy bear Brownie.

Below is a photo of how well loved he is!  I had to sew new ears on him.




13.  I sucked a pacifier until I was four. They had a hard time getting rid of Flotchet. (name of pacifier) The upside? I have never smoked!  

14.  I can roller skate, roller blade, and ice skate, but I have never skied. 

15. I bit my fingernails until I was twelve years old. I always wanted long pretty finger nails, but I did not realize that dream until a couple years ago. 

16. I loved to climb trees and once fell out of our apple tree. I was not hurt.


17.  I was not popular in school.  I was not pretty, particularly smart, athletic, tall, or talented.  

18. I got along with all different kinds of people in school.  I did not have a clique.

19.  I always had a thing for older men especially in high school.

 

20. I had to deal with things like rats and mice if they came around back in the beginning. To  this day I am the head rat catcher in this relationship.  Kenny is a pussy when it comes to dealing with birds in the house, rats, snakes.  He says "You've got it handled"


21. I dearly love going to Cucci's Pizzeria in Covington, Va.  I love being able to go sit and listen to honky tonk music while eating the best pizza ever.  Last time I was there two things happened. 1. My kids found out what a true redneck their mom was and 2.  Victor Cucci had just got out of prison and was back so it was like a party! Yeah boy!   


22. I once talked a maintenance man at The Homestead into letting my whole family go swimming for free in the Jefferson Pools (Hot Springs). Kenny said it was just because he wanted to see a naked woman.  

Photo below taken by Rich Stevenson of Kenny and I sliding at Big Falls on the Thompson River. 




23. I am a woman who has always liked culture.  Historical sites, Art museums,  The Smithsonian Institute, Shakespeare plays, opera, and outdoor dramas.  

Charlottesville Opera 

24. I have a list of black men with the best lips. L.L. Cool J, D' Angelo, Derek Luke, Morris Chestnut, Tyrese, Darius Rucker, and Wesley Snipes. 


25. When I was in the third grade I was hooked on the Nancy Sinatra song "These Boots are Made for Walkin'"  I wanted to be Nancy Sinatra. I learned all the words and could sing it. I had the boots exactly like hers and could do the dance.  

 Below is a music video of it.  



Below is a photo of me and my niece Emily when she was a baby! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝