Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Fall Break 2023 Panama City Beach With The Tribe



Above:  practicing taking underwater photos with my Go Pro 10
It is boring in the pool unless you've got some people or objects.  I was using a colorful ball. 



 Fall Break 2023 Panama city Beach With The Tribe


Saturday Oct. 1 thru Oct.  7, 2023

Kenny, Dana, Jared, Lydia, Gabe and Mia Koogler
Adam, Crystal, Michael, and Tessa Lindsey
Mike and Renae Lindsey
Joe, Bethany, Averie, and Walter Lindsey
Shane and Laura Ferrara
Josh, Leslie, Asher & Piper Tummel



    Sometime within the last twenty years I got the notion that going to the beach in Fall was a bad idea.

I guess it had to do with concerns over potentially ruined trip plans due to hurricane season.   I was a beach kid in Autumn every year until I was about fourteen.    Last year we went to the beach in Fall for the first time since I was a child.  It was Kenny's first time ever at the beach in Fall.  It was both our first time ever at Panama City Beach. I also had some wrong headed notions of Panama City Beach being filled with Spring Break students.  I didn't know what to expect in Fall, but it turned out to be better than I ever could have guessed.   We enjoyed it so much we booked it again for the next year way in advance so we could all be together again.  I'm thankful for having tried it. It relieved me of many wrong ideas.  




Above:  Sunset like fire heading into North Alabama Friday night.  We did part of the drive Friday and stayed over night in Wills Creek RV Park in Fort Payne. 


  Going to the beach in Florida in early October  is so satisfying . Going from 65 degree nights and 75 degree days in East Tennessee back to 70 degree nights and 90 degree days along the Gulf of Mexico is just the best.   Sneaking in a last dose of Summer as a kid left a powerful mark on me. Now as an adult I find great satisfaction in swimming in the ocean for hours,  digging in the sand, eating great seafood, picking up beautiful shells, turning brown as a berry, and basking in sunshine one last time before cold sets in.  It is more than worth it.  We've had two seasons in a row with perfect weather and zero hurricanes when we were there. 

     Being at the beach as a family is awesome. Everyone is having fun together. Seeing my grandkids enjoy the same things I did is rewarding. It is a testimony to the fact my parents raised me right!  We are carrying on a fun, healthy tradition.  The difference is only geographic. I much prefer the Gulf Coast.  It is calm and beautiful. Turquoise waters and white sand. The Outer Banks and Hatteras are for Pirates. It is a dangerous place to learn to swim.  I got injured pretty badly in the surf when my kids where small. I had a wave break over me. It ripped my left shoulder muscle in half beneath the skin. It took a plug of meat out of my left flank. It took my bikini. It mopped the ocean floor with my head. I came up and was so thankful to be alive. My Dad was very upset.  I'd just as soon not have my grandkids experience that.      

      

    

Boy in ocean with crab and net
Above: Grandson Michael age 14 holding a crab he caught. 


Below: a closer look at his catch.. two crabs! One in the net and holding the other one.
I loved doing this as a kid. I always keep an eye on the amount of time they hang onto these crabs. I make them put them back in the water quickly.  I don't let the kids take prisoners.



Below:  In the distance you can see Mike and Renea wading into the surf.  This is a Go Pro photo with the waterproof cover on.  It interferes with the resolution and clarity a bit, but it is better than ruining the camera!  Love that clear water.





 Granddaughter Mia loves the beach and this was only her second trip in her little life.  She was a bit more reticent at first this year, but in no time she was up to her old tricks.  She doesn't meet a stranger and quickly made friends with the next door neighbors on the shore.  She picked some great friends too!   These two beautiful little girls played together so sweetly and had such fun!  She also befriended the mom and older sisters.   The mama asked if she could take the girls photo together? We said of course! We got some pictures of them also.  We often wish the people like this we meet on trips lived right next door or very close by so we could stay in contact.  These folks were keepers! <3


Below:  Mia playing with her new friends in the sand.  



Below: Another photo of Mia playing with her friends.  They were beautiful people and very warm hearted.  This lady is a great mother!  She is fun. 


Below: Lydia and Laura talking about something 



    Below:  Gabe digs in the sand


Below:  Me practicing underwater photography again.  I got some pretty good video, but the photos are going to take a lot of work in order to be both clear and interesting.  Love the color of the water. Pale jade green. 


Below is a video shot with the Go Pro that includes underwater footage.  The water proof casing also mutes the sound slightly.



  I absolutely love water and swimming. I spent literal hours in the ocean while there.  First day at the beach I was in the water swimming for four hours.  Everyone knows where to look for me.  I am not sure the rest of the world thinks it is smart, but I don't care.   I've loved water and swimming since I was in elementary school.   

Below is a photo of Walter snorkeling.   We saw some pretty fish that were white and silver with black and yellow spots.   I spend a good bit of time with the kids because they often like the water more than grown folks.  Even the kids don't like the water as much as I do so I get used to just swimming on my own.  It doesn't bother me at all.   


The water was so warm it was like a bathtub.   I do know that if I lived in Florida or anywhere near the ocean I'd have to have several things.  

  • lots of bathing suits
  • a 55 gallon drum of lotion
  • a 55 gallon drum of hair conditioner

  I stayed in the ocean so much my hair was dred locked by evening.   It was long strands of rope.
It bleaches my hair out and makes me ashy. I went to the nail salon on Tuesday with Crystal for a pedicure.   The man who did my pedicure gave me a going over for neglecting my skin.  It was embarrassing.   He told me I needed to get a pedicure monthly.  He told me I needed to apply more lotion.   He preached at me so bad telling me "You go home. You put vaseline on feet. Put on socks!" 
I went to the Dollar General and bought a tub of vaseline with cocoa butter and applied it that night as directed.  He made me feel guilty for not taking better care of myself.  I came out of Tips and Toes with sparkling pink and gold toes and better skin care.  If I go back there I'll make sure I give myself a pedicure before I get a pedicure!

Below is a photo looking down the beach. It was a blue bird day!
       


      We saw a lot of animals this year at the beach.  Pelicans, gulls, monarch butterflies, great spangled frittilary butterflies, a bald eagle, snowy egrets, great blue herons, Sharks. Dolphins.  We saw too many dragonflies to count.   They were like mini bi planes buzzing us.  One landed on Lydia's chin. One tried to fly up Laura's nose.  I had one try to land on me and I batted it away.  I am not scared of them, but the one that got Lydia and Laura both bit them. The sand was sugar white and fun to play in.  We saw not too much litter.   I touched a couple jelly fish. I saw Pink Meanies and moon jellies, but never got stung this year.    

Below is a photo of the M.B. Miller pier.  Averie and Piper are in the surf.  
      


Below: Another photo of Piper on the left and Averie on the right.  


below: Piper, Averie, Adam and I think Asher with the net. 




Below: I think that is Asher sitting in the surf and Tessa running.


Below: Grandson Michael.. my oldest one. Age 14 and handsome as can be.  He has lots of girls after him.  He's  girl crazy right now, but on the honor roll and in marching band playing saxophone. 



Below Papaw Kenny and Michael figuring out what snacks they want.




Below: I call this photo the Paraphernalia Wagon.  We drag so much stuff out to the beach for the day.  We had golf carts though and wagons which made it an easier process.  When I go to the river here in Tennessee to swim I don't even take a towel. 


Below: I did a little bit of drawing while here, but not nearly as much as usual.  




Below: Mia Christina plays in the sand. You can't see it here, but her legs and hands are coated in sand. She is down to just a swim diaper.  She is feral! 


 Below is a series of photos that are funny.  

1st Gabe on the hover board and Tessa on her bike.



2nd Gabe rides the hover board normally



3rd Tessa rides her bike normally. But I sense she is getting ready for something.  

 


4th Here she goes she's revving up




5th  She is on the attack chasing Gabe. Look at those elbows!  that is determination


6th   Gabe running for his life!  😂






Below:  daughter in law Lydia. 




Below:  Lydia and Gabe under the canopy. Uncle Joe and Laura sitting over on the far right








Below: Jared my son in the light blue shirt and some of the guys sitting in the chairs




    A couple things happened on this trip that were really different. Kenny knows I'm mixed race.  He doesn't care. He really doesn't.  I had to go to the store to look for hair care products because I was dreadlocked.   I  did not want to lose anymore fistfuls of hair by yanking at it.  I went to the black hair care section for some heavy duty help.  I bought leave in conditioner and lots of oily conditioners and buttery creams for my head.  He got upset about it and told me to get out of that section.  I laughed and told him to get over it.   I think it was just general impatience with woman stuff. Crystal told me from then on to put conditioner in my hair BEFORE the ocean to keep it from doing that number.  I did and it helped, but it did not totally prevent it.   My hair is thick, curly, and wavy and wants to spiral into twists on its own.    I don't really know what I'm doing. 


    


   Another thing that happened was I sat Averie and Walter down to give them a pep talk.  

We love this two kids so much.  They are very special.  During this conversation about who they come from and so forth Averie's eyes flew open wide.  She said "Hey! Doesn't that mean that Gabe and Mia are our cousins too!?"  I sat there and blinked and then realized she was right!  They are grandchildren of Will Walker through Nancy Caylor.  Gabe and Mia are his grandchildren by Moll Stinnett.   It had taken me until now to figure this out.    So all this time we've been thinking we are a family by choice... just because we want to be.  The funny part is not only is that true, but it is blood kin!    What a wonderful surprise!   I am sure Big Will and the wives are up in Heaven with Mamaw Phyllis going "Duh! It only took  you seven years."   


         Mia turned three this October 5th.  Son-in-law Adam turned forty something.  They share a birthday.  We had their combined birthday party at the beach for the second year in a row!   It was hard to haul that extra stuff and hide it, but we pulled it off.  We got Adam the DeWalt cordless vacuum he has wanted.  We got Mia Toys R Us.    She loves Paw Patrol so she got loads of Paw Patrol toys.

I had fun going to Dollar Tree and filling up goody bags for all the kids young and old. I tried to customize each one to what the person liked.    They had glow bracelets and necklaces and all kinds of fun tricks!  Mia got a tricycle for her birthday.  All the kids had something to ride except her so we let her have it about Tuesday evening. Two days early so she could enjoy it. Enjoy it she did!

Below are a couple photos of her riding the new trike.   It even has a trunk to put stuff in!   




Below is a video of Mia getting her trike and her reaction to it. She is so cute! 


Below is a photo of Papaw Kenny and Papa Mike.. Adam's daddy. Thanks to both of them for putting the tricycle together! We hauled it down in a box just like it arrived.   We did this to avoid giving away the surprise totally.  It was hard enough to hide a cardboard box. Impossible in a camper to hide a fully assembled trike!

 Monday night we went out to eat as a huge group.  We had been at the beach all day and were tired. 

  We all managed to get cleaned up and took the golf carts to the Shrimp Basket just three blocks away from camp.  It was our suggestion to go there.  We had hit them up during peak hours when it was just two of us. We got seated immediately each time.   We arrived to find the place busy as usual. It was dinner time and lots of customers rolling in.  We had a group of fourteen people.  A couple of us went in to inquire if they could handle a large party?  The host said yes of course and if we'd give him 15 minutes or so to get the tables cleared and assembled he'd get us seated.  True to his word, within about 15 minutes he sat us all in one group!  We had a fantastic meal of seafood. Everyone enjoyed the fellowship and the great dinner.    The highlight for me was seeing our servers face as he appeared.  I grasped his arm and squeezed saying "I remember you!"  He grinned and said "I did not do it!"   We laughed. It was that handsome and wonderful Louisiana Man... Derek who waited on us in May!

He has a gold tooth and is the cutest, sweetest bald headed man.  We loved him and he is so good. He doesn't miss a trick.   We were blessed to get to see him again.    Everyone felt better for having a nice full tummy.  We headed back to camp. The night air felt marvelous.  It was a soft breeze and fresh air.

       

     One day Kenny and I headed down to Good Will of Panama City Beach.  Good Will thrift stores in Florida are set up like fancy retail stores!  I had such good luck finding some awesome treasures in May. I was eager to try my luck again.  I didn't have quite as good a fortune this year.  I got a cute set of pajamas that were black satin pj shorts with gold stripes and a black tank top. I found a nice top for my swim suite for $5. I also found a $30-40 picture frame like one I bought last Fall. I paid retail price for that one, but this one I got for $14.99. 

 Kenny found himself and Adam a couple milk crates to stow camping gear in for a bargain price. 

    One other day Michael, Kenny and myself headed to Panama City proper to do some junking in thrift and consignment stores.   We had lunch and hit up Tanya's Garden produce stand on the way home.  Tanya was away so we did not get to visit with her, but we did get some fresh cantaloupe, apples, plums, mangos, and corn.  It is end of the season so the selections were a bit more limited. We did not have as much good fortune on thrifting today. Michael found a poster for his bedroom.  I found a pair of Skechers crocs for Mia.  She was still wearing her pink ones, but it was clear she was days away from outgrowing them.   I got the next size up for $6 at a children's consignment store.  I wiped them off with a soapy wash cloth and they looked brand new.  They were lavender and very gently used.  



   We went to Saint Andrews State Park as a group on Wednesday.   Kenny and I talked it over with Adam. He usually wants to rent a pontoon and go to Shell Island.  It is costly at around $300 for half day.    We split it up last year so it was a bit better, but I did not enjoy it enough to want to do it again.

I enjoyed Saint Andrew's beach far more and it is $8 per vehicle.    Adam decided to forego the pontoon rental and try the state park instead.   We did this and enjoyed it, but it was an eye opening experience bringing kids.   Back during May it was just Kenny and myself.  We did not have to lug as much stuff.

 Adults don't spend as much time running back and forth in and out of the water.  The only draw back to this state park beach is that it is narrow.  You have a ledge about ten feet up that is the walking path to get there.   You go down the slope to the beach which is very narrow.  There is a narrow strip of surf with packed, damp sand.  You then have another narrow band of sugar white, very powdery sand. It is hard to get away from it.   Adam, Crystal, Michael, Tessa, Kenny, Dana, Gabe, Mia , Aunt B, Aunt Laura, and Walter went.    We enjoyed the beautiful blue waters and sunshine.  It is a calmer surf. We saw lots of pretty shells. More than we saw at shell island.   We saw dolphins, egrets, pelicans, hermit crabs, fish, and thankfully no jellyfish.    

  We enjoyed the water. We walked the shore picking up shells.  We saw the historic gun mounts. These were placed for WWII to protect the bay.   The gun mounts were buried by storms beneath the sand.  More recent storms have brought them back the surface.   We saw the Sea Screamer go by. We saw sail boats, F 16s, a C 131 from Tyndall Air Base.  We saw a barge doing channel clearning and beach erosion control.  


Below is a photo of Saint Andrews Beach.  


  I had something happen today at the beach that I was not expecting.  I finally just had enough of the sand!  It was irritating.  Trying to deal with Mia and Gabe and all the sand being flung was a lot of work.  I tried to eat a snack. I admit I do NOT like eating on the beach.   Today reminded me of why. I took a bite and every mouthful was sand in it.  Gross!  I finally got it out of my mouth.  Ick!  I was just over it.     Long as I was in the water I was fine.   I just did not want anymore gritty sand on me. 

  It seemed like everyone with us came to the same conclusion at the same time!  All at once we were all ready to go. We were there several hours and got our fun out.   I was happy to get back in the truck and head back to the camper.   We had the children today giving Jared and Lydia a day to themselves.  

That meant upon our return to the camper I had to hose off kids before I could tend to myself. Thankfully Kenny agreed to shower them allowing me to head straight to the bath house.  I did not want to track all that sand in the camper and I was eat up with it.    I showered it off in the bath house and wrapped a towel around me to head back to the camper.   I finally got some UN sandy lunch in me and felt better. Mia looked at me and said "Nanny, I need a nap right now!" I asked her if I could join her?  She said yes!  so I tucked us both in and we sacked out in our bed.  We slept in there for a couple hours. We both felt better upon getting up. 


         Wednesday evening we cooked out. We have one of those portable PitBoss smokers. It is wonderful.  We use it pretty much every camping trip.  We grilled out  chicken one evening. Another evening we had steaks and shrimp.  The campground where we stay is just the best.  Raccoon River Campground is our favorite.  It gets some negative reviews, but I am actually glad.  I want people to think it is awful so we always have a spot here.  


   One of the cool things about this trip was making new friends who are family now!

Josh and Leslie Tummel are friends of Joe and Bethany.  Joe and Josh coach girls basketball together. 

We'd never met them and their kids until this trip, but we were awfully fortunate to meet them.

They are lovely people and we'll keep them!  Josh tried dodging it, but I squashed that real quick. I told him "No way man. You're not getting out of this family that easy. You KNEW going in that we were crazy!"  After that he seemed resigned.  They fit in just great.  


Below is Piper Tummel age 11.  

Below is Asher Tummell age 12. Two sweet and funny kids. Asher is obediently scratching Abby's tummy.   She will poke you with her nose until you relent and scratch her belly. I love that dog.  She is Mike and Renae's dog. They brought her brother Jax, but he is reluctant and bashful. He won't talk to me. 
Below: Kenny is grilling chicken.  I am making the side dishes.   It is balsamic vinaigrette marinated chicken.  
Below: Gabe on his glowing wheeled hover board while we're cooking.  
Below: Kenny and all his grilling set up.  



       Above:  The sun is sinking on the horizon through those tall pine trees.  I love this beautiful place.


    Below: My citronella candle to keep the skeeters away.  




Below is a video of Gabe on his hover board

    Thursday I was tired and just not feeling the whole beach thing.  I wanted to do something different.  We went shopping at Beall's Outlet like all good Southern people should do.    I was not interested in gimmicky stuff from Alvin's Island and Surf Style as a souvenir this trip.  I knew we'd be going back to cooler temperatures and I'd be in the mood for Autumn.  I'd be full tilt Pumpkin Spice mode.  I figured the best thing for me to do was head to Beall's and find some Fall themed souvenirs I could use at the house.    I change the decoration at home for cold weather every year.  

      I found a folding table made from wood and a pretty sweater.  I found Fall scented candles.  I got some discount health and beauty items. Kenny found a pair of Skechers sneakers he liked.   It was a fun shopping trip and didn't take real long.   We grabbed lunch at Jersey Mike's.  I hadn't eaten there before.  It was delicious!   A good old Italian sub with oil and vinegar. Yummy!   I later found out we have one in Maryville. 

       

     Thursday night was the planned big pot luck meal/birthday party.  We had a group of twenty two people in our bunch!  I brought party decorations, but we ended up not using them.  We just put out lights and tables and such.   We had a huge meal with all sorts of good food. This was the night we grilled steaks and shrimp.   Fresh produce was prepared. It was a success.  We had gotten Adam and Mia a birthday cake.    We made two flavors of ice cream.    Lots of presents and laughter and fellowship.   We are blessed.  Mia is now a three year old!  She loved all her presents.  My mom loaded her down with clothes for cool weather and her favorite dinosaur toys.  She loves the kind you have to put together with a toy power drill and screw driver.  Mom got her a set of four!  We didn't get round to actually building them until we returned home to Tennessee, but she enjoyed them!


      

Below is a group of photos of our doings. They were blurry. 

   







Below is a photo of Mimi with her lantern I got her.  Kenny is looking on.

   

  At some point Wednesday evening Mia told me "I want to ride my vehicle!"  referring to her trike.

I was in the middle of eating a late lunch. I told her she'd have to wait until I got through eating so she'd have an adult to watch her.   She got mad about it and repeated herself.  The funny thing is within minutes she was over it and the sleepy hit her and she forgot all about it!  We both did.  She got to ride her veehickle later!  


         Friday mornning Adam and Crystal and their children had to head back to Tennessee. They left about 10 am.   They were going back a day early because Thorn and Haley's wedding was on Saturday evening.    They made it just in time!   I think they got home around noon on Saturday.  The rest of us were still around.  Gabe and I went to the pool to swim.  Jared, Lydia, and Mia went to the beach. Joe, Bethany and their kids, Josh, Leslie and their kids went to the beach.   Mike and Renae, Shane and Laura all went to Ponce de Leon springs.    We had a good time swimming in the pool for the first time this trip.   Last Fall we never got in because the ocean was so nice and warm, but the pool was cold!

     Today it wasn't bad at all.  We were glad we did not go to the ocean.  The jellyfish were bad and Mia and Lydia and Piper got stung.    It was an opportunity for me to mess with my Go Pro camera and take underwater video and pictures.  


    Below is a video made of the fun day in the pool.  I am very proud of Gabe. He has learned to swim this Summer!  He enjoys the water a lot.  All my grandkids love to swim.
 


   Below is  Gabe sitting by the pool. 



Below: colorful ball



Below: looking directly up at the sky while doing the back stroke.


Above: Gabe in his mask


Above:  Pretty pool #1. This one is directly behind the store and office. They have another pool at the opposite end of the campground.  It is also nice.  


Below: Gabe in his mask getting ready to jump in


  Friday evening we grilled out and ate at the camper.  I was feeling myself tiring and ready to go home.  Kenny and I learned that two beach trips a year to the same beach is a little much for us.  It was fun both times.  We just get tired of the long drive.  I got tired of the sand this trip.  It was in everything!    I was over being nappy headed and ashy.  I was ready to go home to my own bed. Our bed in the camper is nice, but it isn't my regular bed and pillow.   The mess in the camper was almost overwhelming to me.  I am very laid back and don't fret about messes, but this got to even me.  


    Friday evening while we cooked out and for some time after Gabe and Mia took up with the next door neighbors. They just got there the night before.  They had three kids! Two little boys and one little girl!   These were more friends who the kids wanted to keep forever. I can't say I blame them. They were very nice people and good kids.   The two little girls rode their trikes together and they played together real sweetly.   The only thing that went a little sideways was at 830 pm the two girls decided to make a run for it! They grabbed hands and took off running down the road in the campground in the pitch dark.  Nanny had to run catch them.  They were fearless together!  


Above and  below: girls on their trikes! 



   

Above: Mia loved digging in the sand. 
Above: Crystal took this photo of the girls Mia and Tessa on the trip down. We ate at Cracker Barrel and it turned out adorable.   They could be sisters! 

Below is Gabe looking like Maverick on Top Gun. He's a cool customer and a handsome little man.











Above: Gabe grinning. He looks like Stuart Scola on FBI Most Wanted the tv series since his front tooth is loose.  It is gapped now! 





Below: Mia digging in the sand again. 




Below: beautiful little Tessa age 10.  She is a sweet, pretty girl. I'm very proud of her. 


  Saturday morning we woke up and tried to talk the kids into riding back with us. They had been promised they could ride with Jared and Lydia on the way home.   They held to that.  We had to make the drive back as just us.    It is faster that way and a few less diaper changes for sure.    We missed them though.   It is turning out to be a tough adjustment learning to be me again. Learning to be US again.     We'll figure it out though.  I'm sure we will.  It didn't get this way overnight. It isn't going to go away overnight.   I have been feeling a low level sadness and confusion.   Crystal pointed out I am going through the Empty Nest for the third time in my life!  It is no wonder I feel sad.  


      We were able to enjoy the drive home.  We went through Florala.  It is a little town on the border of Florida and Alabama.  Below are two images of Florala.  It is a pretty little town. 




 We stopped just after Montgomery, Alabama to eat lunch.  We were able to go in Jack's fast food restaurant for a quick bite. We love it.   They have the most melt in your mouth fried chicken ever!

I hate the bumpy, rutted roads in Alabama, but the people are so friendly.  It is a pretty state.  I see the cotton fields and farms and like what I see. It is always a pretty drive.   The further north we went the cooler it became.  The weather was beautiful and perfect.    I got in the back seat of the truck and napped some which made the ride home a little shorter for me.  

 Disturbance in the Force

I'm not the greatest at being still. Kenny Koogler is not the greatest at getting rid of junk. The combination of me , bored, having to be still on a long ride in Kenny's cluttered truck proved to be too much for me. In my boredom and restlessness I undertook a cleaning project of the back of the truck cab. I got rid of gum wrappers, tater chip crumbs, old receipts, state park brochures. I cleared out a bag full of toys, hair ties, barrettes. No good deed goes unpunished. Mere miles from the house it was clear I had disrupted the delicate balance of that mini universe back there. Kenny also is bothered by repetitive noises. Something back there went to chattering incessantly. I reckoned without one thing: 

Every stick of stuff back there in that mess had a place.  It was that way so it would not clatter and click and irritate him.  I want to keep all of it, but I don't want to hear any of it!  

 I knew I shouldn't have moved that beer koozie. He was irritated by the noise. I was nervous.  Up until now he did not know I invaded his hoard. I went to laughing at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. He said " You've messed with my junk in the back seat , and made it mad! Now we've gotta listen to it!" I always say only so many angels can dance on the head of that pin.  It was worse than we'd imagined. The right rear truck tire broke a belt and a bump came up. It was making the truck vibrate.  Thankfully we made it home. God is good every day. From now on I'll let the Lord handle Kenny's clutter.

          

   It was great to be home.   We had to turn on the furnace!  It was 38 degrees the next morning when we woke.   It sure felt great to sleep in our own bed! 



Above:  a snap shot of Kenny's hoard in the back of the truck AFTER all the tater chips and toys and trash were removed.   He's a complicated man!  I love him through it.  in Laura's words.


  

 

Above: my beach souvenir table. I love it! 

Below: I also love our bed.  It has been a great investment.  



I'm ending this blog entry with a video of some music I really like.  "Broken" by UNKLE was used as the happy ending for the movie X-File's: I Want to Believe .    It is the end scene where Mulder and Scully have wrapped up a case and run off from cold, gray northern Virginia to the Caribbean.  

  I will forever connect this song to the beach and warm weather.  

.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝