Saturday, June 1, 2024

Jay Clark Concert


Jay Clark Concert 


Saturday April 20, 2024 




One of the fun things I managed to squeeze in prior to my knee replacement was a wonderful concert by Jay Clark.   He is a Blount county resident. a scientist and a talented musician.  
  It was a first time experience for us to watch a performance at the Laurel Theater downtown.

  It is a small venue and very intimate, relaxed and fun. Unbeknown to us it is a BYOB venue!  
I don't partake of alcohol, but Kenny and Sharon do.    Some of the folks who came brought extra beer and wine to share for newbies.   It was my mom, myself, Kenny, grandson Michael, friend Sharon.  Gabe was supposed to attend, but changed his mind last minute and wasn't sure he wanted to go.   He preferred to spend the night with Tessa and Mia and Yaya and play outside.   He is seven.

   The rest of us loved it!    Jay Clark and the Tennessee Tree Beavers consists of 
Jay Clark, Daniel Kimbro, Corey Kimbro, Sarah Pirkle, and Greg Horne.  

     
 
           It was all we hoped it would be and more!   The venue itself is set in a former church in what would have been the sanctuary.    

   



Above:  Stained glass windows at Laurel Theater





Above: Jay Clark speaking and getting ready to sing. To his left is Greg Horne. 




Below is a short clip of Jay singing.  I took very few photos or video clips.   


I did not want to be rude and I also want to show just enough to make folks want to go hear this group in person!    He has an upcoming show in Townsend at the Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center in June.  We want to attend that! 



Here is a link to the concert info Jay Clark Sunset Concert Series Jay Clark Sunset Concert Series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝