Thursday, July 22, 2021

Harry and the Rubber Gloves Funny Story

 Our friend and hiking buddy, Harry, told me a funny and true story one evening while he and I were washing dishes.   



   We'd been hiking that day. We returned to his home to have a nice dinner together. Once the meal was over he and I set about washing dishes and cleaning things up. The rest of the gang was watching tv or relaxing a bit.  

He was wearing a pair of Playtex yellow rubber gloves to wash dishes.  Admittedly, I had never seen a man wear them before.  He told me he had taken to wearing them during the Winter because he worked construction.  He said "My hands take such a beating from the weather and the work  I decided to protect them from further damage by dish water." It had helped heal his chapped skin during cold weather.

   He found he got along better if he wore them to protect his hands from all cleaning chemicals and water.    



   He has a brother in law he thinks a lot of, but who is a military man. Very Type A person. Harry is a Type B, laid back individual so the exact opposite.   The brother in law was at the house visiting when he saw Harry washing dishes with his rubber gloves on.  He remarked to Harry" Oh my! I hope those aren't the same ones you use to clean the bathroom with!?"  Being the germphobe and neatnick that he was.  

   


   We laughed about it, but the evil side of me sprouted horns and said "I'd  have licked the finger of the glove and answered him ' um... I dunno... sure tastes like the same ones.' " 


  bah ha ha! 


Harry Jones in the center group of people
Harry Jones in the plaid shirt in the center being held still by Cathy on his right and me on the left.  This is about 2004.  
Back row left to right is KT, Jay, Ian,Hal Wilson, Kevin--Ian's dad
Front row-Rich Stevenson, Cathy Boyette, Harry Jones, Dana and Kenny Koogler
Harry and Kenny under a rock overhang

Above: Harry Jones on the left and Kenny Koogler on the right under the rock overhang at Big Falls on the Thompson River.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting story. Now the meanness in that sounds like something I would do.. And Dang, Dana you little bitty thing.. lol 😆😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝