Thursday, September 14, 2023

Cumberland Plateau Wish List

    I usually have one of these in draft form only on my blog. I decided this time to put it in published form in case anyone wants to use it as inspiration.    I know looking at the trip reports, photos, and youtube videos of others helps inspire me and narrow down where I want to go. 

  I had planned on hiking two of these or more this past week, but ended up with an abscessed tooth and a BAD tooth ache. I got that thing cut out today so I am on the mend now.  At least that horrible, unending pain is gone.  I still have to go back for the implant process, but I've been through that before. It ain't no big deal.  

Hikes

   1.  Overlook Nature Trail in Fairfield Glade --hiked 10/18/2023 North loop only.  Need to return

2.  Meadow Park Lake -- Soldiers Beach Trail

3.  Last 5 miles of the Overnight Loop at Cumberland Mountain State Park


Below:  Byrd Mountain Trail ..



4.  Head of the Sequatchie-- various trails there


Below:  a photo taken a Head of the Sequatchie on a visit



5. Soak Creek/Stinging Fork Falls



Below: Stinging Fork Falls from the last time I hiked there



6. Polly's Branch Falls 

Below is a very old photo I took of Upper Polly's Branch Falls. I need better pix and video!





7. Black Mountain Loop

Below: View to the south from Black Mountain Overlook




8. Pogue Creek Canyon

9. Obed River Park Trail

10. Catoosa Wet Grasslands Loop


Below: Catoosa Grasslands part of the hike I've done



11. Dolen Branch Falls off trail 


        Scenic Drives


Towee Falls

Above: the most recent photo I have of Towee Falls. I need better photos and video





Towee Creek 

Below is a photo of lovely Towee Creek


Hiwassee River 

Below is a close up photo of the Hiwassee . I realized I don't have ANY video of it.






McFarland & Turtletown Adit--un-named falls

Parson's Branch out of Cades Cove

Starr Mountain






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝