Friday, May 10, 2019

The Lily Barn With Gabriel



Solomon's Seal in bloom in the woods


The Lily Barn With Gabe--Playing in the Creek

Nanny Dana & Gabriel Koogler

Wed. April 24, 2019



   It was a beautiful, sunny day.  I wanted to get Gabe out where he could be a kid and play in the creek and run around outdoors.  We took a net, water toys, water shoes, and a picnic and drove over to The Lily Barn in Townsend.    They don't mind visitors taking advantage of the grounds long as there is no event going on.  
We found it more or less deserted when we arrived.   We pulled over and got out to 
play in Carr's Creek which flows right through the grounds.   

       The creek was cold today.  We are in Dogwood Winter so we've got two more little Winter's to go after this.  Gabe wanted to stay in the water and play, but found 
the cold and fast flowing stream here not quite to his liking.  We packed up our stuff. I got him a dry diaper and we pulled the jeep up the road to the next entrance. There is a more gravelly, shallow spot in the creek here where the sun has a chance to warm the water more.    We got back in the creek and played boats, found pretty rocks, threw rocks, looked for minnows and crawdads.  We did not find any critters so it was not long before he had enough of the creek.   
 Happy Gabe
 Posing with a sippy cup near the pretty pink azaleas. He likes the color pink!
 Looking off  the front steps of the pavilion
 Big smooth cement surface will be perfect for Brmmmin' Out with Carsie
 Snoopy T shirt....  cute boy
 Trying to get into the frog pond
 Containers of flowers
 Above and below checking out the covered bridge

Sparkling Carr's Creek flows ever onward.  
     He said he was hungry.  We put our toys away and I got our picnic out and walked down the sidewalk to the gazebo.  We sat down and had our picnic right there.    The pond was next to us.  Bullfrogs croaked and chugarumphed that they wanted some of Gabe's lunch.   He laughed when I "translated" their talk for him.

     We got ready to go take a walk and explore some more.   Once he got his belly full I knew it wouldn't be long til he was sleepy.   He is still only 2 and he has a good routine.   Play. Lunch. Nap.  

    A fellow who is associated with the Lily Barn came walking down the path. 
We greeted him. He was just checking on us to make sure we were ok and that I hadn't experienced vehicle trouble.   He realized we were just hanging out playing he went on his way.    

    We walked around the grounds getting some exercise and enjoying this Bluebird day.   We made a point to plan a return trip/picnic with Carsie.  The big pavilion up on the hill would be ideal for riding Carsie. It is huge. It would be good any time, but especially when it is a rainy day and you need to get out anyhow!  It has restrooms and a large, smooth cement floor that is gonna be great for going real fast!

  We drove home and he was asleep before we got off Webb Road.  
Once in the garage I carried him upstairs and told him I was tired and grouchy. I needed my nap.  He said "Me TOO! " I changed him and put him down next to me in mine and Kenny's soft bed.  He fell straight to sleep. He is a snuggly little nap taking buddy.  These are times I love and will always remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝