Friday, August 16, 2024

Towee Creek Swimming







Towee Creek Swimming

Thursday Aug. 1, 2024

Dana, Gabe and Mia Koogler
Michael and Tessa Lindsey

Pictures are HERE


  Fathers Day Weekend 2020 we did a family paddle the Hiwassee River day and a cook out at nearby Towee Creek.  It was such fun and the creek so perfect I'd wanted to go back for the past 4 years!  Time was closing in for school to get going. Gabriel had his first day July 31, but the next day he had off.  I had all my grandkids free and so we loaded up the car and went!   

   We stopped by the Farmhouse Restaurant and had lunch. It was great and we all loved it.   We continued the rest of the way down to Towee Creek to go play and swim. It was a hit with all the kids but especially Gabe and Mia.   I had planned on stopping by Webb's Store to get them a popsicle and a t shirt. Take some photos of all four of them out front on the bench. It is the kind of store I went to when I was a child.  My great grandfather "Poppy" had a store with a bench next door to the Bradley home place.    We never made it that far.  The two youngest had to be dragged away.  Mia was so tired she was asleep before we got back to Etowah.  It was a fun day for everyone.   
 Below: all four grandkids... Left to right.. .Tessa age 10, Mia age 3, Gabriel age 8 and Michael age 15.   They are all very close.  










   I will let the photos and videos tell most of the story.   It was a day filled with beautiful scenery.  Cold, clear mountain water, snorkeling, catching critters in nets, swimming,  skipping stones, eating snacks and chilling out.  Good for the soul.   
       
Below: Towee Creek is a tributary of the Hiwassee River.  It is a sparkling clear stream. 
      

Below is a different vantage photo looking at Towee Creek.  It is deeper than it looks.
Below is a photo of all four of my grandchildren playing in the stream. 

Below is Mia with her mask on swimming and going under water. 







Below: Towee Creek with the Go Pro ... in its waterproof case.  I love swimming.












And finally a video that shows the highlights of the whole day on the creek.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy hearing from those who read & make use of my blog. I have made some wonderful friendships through emails from readers. I respond to all comments and emails. I appreciate folks reaching out to let me know when my blog entries are not functioning correctly or if the situation somewhere has changed. Many Blessings to you!
Dana 🐝